Orientation is the beginning of your journey at VCU — a new study environment, a new country and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation!
What happens at Orientation?
- Receive your orientation schedule and welcome pack
- Tour the campus and classrooms
- Meet new friends before starting your studies
- Get your course schedule/timetable
- Purchase textbooks
- Receive student ID card and active your e-mail account
- Shopping trip
- English & math assessments
There will also be information sessions concerning visa status, dining services, campus accommodations, safety, health insurance, bank accounts, and mobile plans all designed to help you settle in to your new environment.
What do I need to bring?
- Your VCU Offer Letter
- VCU Letter of Acceptance
- Form I-20
- High school transcripts - original copies
- Financial documents - original copies
- Required health forms
What happens if I do not attend orientation?
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Students who arrive late will normally not be allowed to start the semester and will have to return home.